GPS Waypoints Lite is a simplified surveying application that enables users to collect and classify Points using the existing smartphones’ standard positioning service (that is, for users not requiring external high precision receivers). This multi-purpose solution, with an easy-to-use interface, is adequate for both personal activities (e.g. outdoor and tourism) and professional activities (such as earth sciences surveying).
The GPS Wpts Lite version includes the following features:
– View current position with accuracy and navigation information;
– Create Points with accuracy information and classify them with Tags;
– Import Points from CSV files from geographic coordinates (lat, long);
– Create survey’s Themes with custom Tags for classifying Points
– Export Points to CSV file by sharing it with other applications (e.g. Mail, iCloud/Dropbox/Google Drive);
– View on maps the geodata acquired
– Backup and restore your data
A basic flow for collecting, exporting and viewing points is depicted in the figure.
GPS Waypoints Lite is available for iPhone.