GPS Waypoints Lite is a surveying application for iPhone that enables users to collect and classify Points using the existing positioning service from smartphone devices (typically with accuracies above 2-3m). The APP can also import Points from other surveys for visualization of data on maps and obtaining directions and distances.
This multi-purpose solution has an easy-to-use interface adequate for both professional activities (such as earth sciences and engineering) and personal activities (e.g. outdoor and tourism).
– View current position with an accuracy estimative and navigation information;
– Create Points from actual location (with accuracy information) or input them manually
– Classify your Points with custom Tags from a Theme (e.g. a plant can be healthy, infested, broken or dried)
– View on maps your geodata ;
– Get directions and distances to Points;
– Import Points from CSV, Geojson, KML and GPX files based on geographic coordinates (lat, long);
– Export Points to CSV, GeoJson, KML and GPX files by saving data locally or sharing with other applications (e.g. Mail, iCloud/Dropbox/Google Drive);
– Create Themes for the surveys with custom Tags for classifying Points
– Backup and restore data (save your project data and/or migrate it to other devices).
a) Collecting, exporting and viewing Points: the base procedure collects points on the field and exports them to files in multiple formats.
b) Import a set of points: another typical use case is to import data from a survey for exploring and checking it, such as importing New London Points-of-Interest.
c) Find the way to a Point: it provides the base navigation for finding Points, such as getting direction to go back home. It also provides means to check straight distances from your current location.
GPS Waypoints Lite is available for iPhone, in Regular mode (with ads) and Premium mode.