GPS Waypoints Lite is a simple surveying application that enables users to collect and classify Points using the existing smartphones’ positioning service (typically with accuracies higher than 2-3m). The app can also import Points from other surveys for data visualization on maps and for obtaining directions and distances.
This multi-purpose solution has an easy-to-use interface adequate for both professional activities (such as earth sciences and engineering) and personal activities (e.g. outdoor and tourism).
The surveying flow for collecting, exporting and viewing points is depicted in the figure.
While the basic navigation flow for finding the way back to home or hotel is described below.
The key feature set is detailed below:
– View current position with an accuracy estimative and navigation information;
– Create Points from actual location (with accuracy information) or input them manually
– Classify Points with Tags from current Theme;
– Import Points from CSV and KML files based on geographic coordinates (lat, long);
– View on maps the geodata acquired;
– Get directions and distances to Points;
– Export Points to CSV and GPX files by saving data locally or sharing with other applications (e.g. Mail, iCloud/Dropbox/Google Drive);
– Create Themes for the surveys with custom Tags for classifying Points
– Backup and restore data (save your project data and/or migrate it to other devices)
GPS Waypoints Lite is available for iPhone, in Regular mode (with ads) and Premium mode.