The MOB kickscooters is an Android application that aims to control and record trips of standalone kickscooters and also support private fleet management solutions.
The application connects to Xiaomi and Ninebot e-scooters via Bluetooth to check the status of the vehicle and control it. It is useful for users with their own scooters that would like to manage the vehicle locking mechanism and/or to analyse the vehicle usage and consumption.
The APP allows making trips, managing automatically the vehicle locking mechanism. It unlocks the vehicle upon start and locks it during idle periods.
The APP provides metrics of each trip, using the data collected from the scooter engine and from the smartphone’s location service. The post analysis allows to evaluate the best path in terms of distance or consumption, check the monthly consumption, and provide some advanced features for professionals to evaluate paths agains design rules.
In summary, the standalone application supports the following functions:
– Check scooter status (odometer, lock status, battery)
– Lock and unlock manually a scooter or automatically through trips
– Record trips with scooter (time, distance, locations)
– Export all trips history to a CSV file (premium with advance features)
– Export trip tracks to CSV and GPX file (premium with advance features)
Private Fleet Management
This application mode allows to reserve and use vehicles from private fleets that are using MOB controller and are registered on our MOB Gateway. It is useful for organisations that want to manage their own fleet, allowing to use both kickscooters and cars. The access is restricted per organisation, including the access to our demonstration area for new customers. This mode supports the two roles:
– Reserve a vehicle available and make a trip (user role)
– Support some maintenance functions (operator role)